Holy Family parish is privileged
to enjoy the pastoral support of a community of St. Joseph
This Order was founded in 1650
in Le Puy, France by a French Jesuit, Jean Pierre Medaille.
Aware of the many needs of the destitute around at that
time, Fr Medaille desired to draw all peoples into the
unconditional love of the Blessed Trinity. It was
his purpose that he founded the Sisters of St. Joseph
whose mission is according to the intention of their founder,
to bring about the total union of ourselves and our neighbour
with God, of ourselves with others, of all others among
themselves and with us all in Jesus and in God His Father.
The sisters have aspired to fulfil this mission in many
ways down through the past three centuries. In discerning
the needs of the times, as did their founder, the sisters
have responded with zeal and enthusiasm and courage to
make Christ Known and loved by all showing preference
for the poorest of the poor and most neglected.
The Sisters of St. Joseph of Annecy are an international
Congregation with established communities in France, Switzerland,
India, Africa, England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland.
From 1906-1986, the Sisters were
missioned to serve the Junior Seminary in Blair's College,
Aberdeen. In 1969 the Sisters set up a house in
Sacred Heart Parish, and began work in the parish as well
as serving the wider community. In a professional
capacity through Social Work, Nursing and Teaching.
In 1986 the sisters moved to the parish of Holy Family
where they now reside in Mossend. The Sisters are
involved in various pastoral works in Holy Family Parish
and also the nearby parish of St. Gerard.
Holy Family has adopted the
Sisters' mission in Gambia and seeks to support this mission
through prayer and financial help.